Court Marriage is a legal procedure to get married. This is not necessary to solemnize in this case.
It does not rely on religion. Anyone can apply and get married. Though –
- If both boy and girl are either Hindu or Sikh then it comes under Intend to Marriage Act.
- If both boy and girl are having inter-casting then it comes under Special Marriage Act.
- Usually this procedure takes 30-45 days. Though Marriage Registrar can extend it to 90 days. If couple does not appear within 90 days then Marriage Registrar can cancel the file for Court Marriage.
- One of applicants must be Indian citizen.
- Male must be minimum 21 years old and female must be minimum 18 years old.
- Any one Age Proof (Birth Certificate / 10th Certificate / Driving License / Passport / Pan Card)
- Any one Identity (ID) Proof (Voter ID / Aadhar Card / Driving License / Passport)
- 6 Passport Size photographs of Bride and Groom
- Copy of Divorce Decree/Order in case of divorce
- Copy of Death Certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower
- 3 Indian Witnesses with their ID Proof, PAN and 2 passport size photographs
- First Appearance: Both male and female must come along with their original documents for verification.
- Second Appearance: Male, female and 3 witnesses must come along with their original documents